Costco Photo Contest 2005 Official Rules
1. To enter, submit an unframed, unmounted black-and-white or color
picture (4" x 6" or 5" x 7") with the entry form securely affixed to the
back. All digital entries must be submitted as 4" x 6" or 5" x 7"
2. The theme of the contest is “Give Us Your Best Shot.” Winning
entries will be those that best reflect the theme. Decisions of the
judges are final.
3. Photos will not be judged unless the entrant’s name, address, mem-
bership number and telephone number have been written legibly on
the entry form.
4. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years or older to enter.
5. Entrant must be a current membership cardholder of Costco. No
prizes will be awarded until member’s current status has been veri-
fied by Costco.
6. One entry per membership cardholder; additional entries will be dis-
qualified. Photo must have been taken by entrant within the
past year. Previously published photographs are acceptable.
7. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of entries
8. Photos must be suitable for family viewing.
9. Contestants must know the names and addresses of all
identifiable people in their photographs.
10. All entries become the property of Costco. Receipt of entries cannot be
acknowledged and entries cannot be returned. Costco assumes no
responsibility for submitted photographs.
11. Employees of Costco Wholesale Corporation or members of their
immediate families are not eligible to enter. Employees of sponsoring companies or members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. A separate contest will be held for Costco employees
and their families.
12. Entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2005. Award win-
ners will be notified by December 2005. Winners will be notified
13. Mail entries to: Costco Photo Contest, P.O. Box 34088, Seattle, WA
98124-1088, Attn.: Dorothy Strakele.
subject to tax (other than tax on prizes awarded). All federal, provin-
cial, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
15. All fees and personal expenses incident to redemption of prizes (as
deemed necessary) will be the sole responsibility of the winners.
16. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of notification. If not claimed
by this date, the prizes will be forfeited. All claims thereto following
this date will be null and void.
17. No substitution or transfer of prizes except at the sole discretion of
the sponsor. All restrictions apply.
18. Each winner must agree in writing that his or her name, likeness,
city, winning photo and negative may be used by Costco for promotional and publication purposes without additional compensation. Prior to receiving prizes, each winner will be required to sign
a release provided by Costco to this effect and obtain a release or
permission from anyone with proprietary rights in the winning
photograph (such as artwork, trademarks or a person’s likeness).
Refusal or inability to provide such releases or permissions will
result in entrant’s disqualification in this photo contest and any
prizes will be forfeited.
19. Costco reserves the right to cancel or suspend the contest should any
cause beyond the control of Costco affect the administration, security,
fairness, integrity or proper operation of the contest, or for any other
reason it deems appropriate, at its sole and entire discretion.
Cut out and tape Member Name
this entry form
to the back of a Address
4" x 6" or 5" x 7"
photo and mail to: City State Zip Code
Photo Contest Home Phone
P.O. Box 34088
Seattle, Washington Membership No.
Attention: Location of Photo
Please sign that you have read and understand the contest rules.