Costco Photo Contest 2005 Official Rules
1. To enter, submit an unframed, unmounted black-and-white or color subject to tax (other than tax on prizes awarded). All federal, provin-picture ( 4" x 6" or 5" x 7") with the entry form securely affixed to the cial, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
back. All digital entries must be submitted as 4" x 6" or 5" x 7" 15. All fees and personal expenses incident to redemption of prizes (as
photo-quality prints. deemed necessary) will be the sole responsibility of the winners.
2. The theme of the contest is “Give Us Your Best Shot.” Winning 16. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of notification. If not claimed
entries will be those that best reflect the theme. Decisions of the by this date, the prizes will be forfeited. All claims thereto following
judges are final. this date will be null and void.
3. Photos will not be judged unless the entrant’s name, address, mem- 17. No substitution or transfer of prizes except at the sole discretion of
bership number and telephone number have been written legibly on the sponsor. All restrictions apply.
the entry form.
18. Each winner must agree in writing that his or her name, likeness,
4. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years or older to enter. city, winning photo and negative may be used by Costco for pro-
5. Entrant must be a current membership cardholder of Costco. No motional and publication purposes without additional compensa-prizes will be awarded until member’s current status has been veri- tion. Prior to receiving prizes, each winner will be required to sign
fied by Costco. a release provided by Costco to this effect and obtain a release or
6. One entry per membership cardholder; additional entries will be dis- permission from anyone with proprietary rights in the winning
qualified. Photo must have been taken by entrant within the photograph (such as artwork, trademarks or a person’s likeness).
past year. Previously published photographs are acceptable. Refusal or inability to provide such releases or permissions will
result in entrant’s disqualification in this photo contest and any
7. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of entries prizes will be forfeited.
19. Costco reserves the right to cancel or suspend the contest should any
8. Photos must be suitable for family viewing. cause beyond the control of Costco affect the administration, security,
9. Contestants must know the names and addresses of all fairness, integrity or proper operation of the contest, or for any other
identifiable people in their photographs. reason it deems appropriate, at its sole and entire discretion.
10. All entries become the property of Costco. Receipt of entries cannot be
acknowledged and entries cannot be returned. Costco assumes no
responsibility for submitted photographs.
11. Employees of Costco Wholesale Corporation or members of their Cut out and tape Member Name this entry form
immediate families are not eligible to enter. Employees of sponsor- to the back of a Address
ing companies or members of their immediate families are not eli- 4" x 6" or 5" x 7"
gible to enter. A separate contest will be held for Costco employees photo and mail to: City State Zip Code
and their families. Costco Members
12. Entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2005. Award win- Photo Contest Home Phone P.O. Box 34088
ners will be notified by December 2005. Winners will be notified Seattle, Washington Membership No.
by mail. 98124-1088
13. Mail entries to: Costco Photo Contest, P.O. Box 34088, Seattle, WA Attention: Location of Photo Dorothy Strakele
98124-1088, Attn.: Dorothy Strakele. Please sign that you have read and understand the contest rules.