Pat’s Cajun Shrimp
20 large raw shrimp (about 1 pound),
peeled, deveined, tails on
If ever a shrimp recipe nets the raves,
it is this one.
4 tablespoons butter
3 1.5-pound bags Kirkland Signature large
( 11-15 count), raw shrimp, thawed
4 tablespoons olive oil
12 tablespoons ( 1. 5 sticks) unsalted butter,
cold and cut into 1-ounce pieces
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon ground pepper
12 Sunkist* fresh orange segments
12 Sunkist* fresh lemon segments
12 Sunkist* fresh grapefruit segments
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
8 cups baby spinach leaves
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
Juice of 2 lemons
1. Butterfly the shrimp, slicing them down the
back and almost in half. This will make the French bread in chunks
shrimp curl when cooking.
2. Melt butter with the olive oil in a large
skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and
shrimp. Cook shrimp for 4 to 5 minutes, or
until they turn pink and their tails curl;
remove from pan.
1. Place the shrimp and all ingredients except
the lemon juice and 6 ounces of unsalted
butter in a very large ovenproof sauté pan.
Cook in a 450-degree oven for 2 minutes, turn
shrimp over and continue to cook another 2 to 3
minutes until done.
3. Add orange, lemon and grapefruit segments to the pan; stir gently to heat through.
4. Place 2 cups baby spinach leaves on each
serving plate. Arrange the shrimp on top of
the spinach. Pour the citrus segments over
the shrimp. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: This can also be served over rice.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
2. Remove from oven and place the shrimp in a
large serving dish.
3. Position the sauté pan with all the drippings
over moderate heat. Add the lemon juice and
swirl in the remaining butter, 1 ounce at a time,
until melted and combined.
4. Pour sauce over shrimp and serve with lots of
French bread for dipping.
This recipe is reprinted from Costco’s
2004 cookbook, Easy Cooking The
Costco Way. That book and the 2005
Creative Cooking The Costco Way can
be accessed electronically under
“Resources” on the navigation bar (above).
Depending on the number of shrimp lovers in
your midst, this recipe will serve a crowd or
just a few. Enjoy!—Pat Volchok
RECIPE PHOTOS BY IRIDIO PHOTOGRAPHY