This year, entering the Costco International Photo Contest
is easier than ever. You will be able to “Give Us Your Best
Shot” online or in print form. For online details go to
www.costcophotocontest.com Whether it’s a photo you took
hours to set up or one you grabbed in a second, it will take only
a few minutes for you to send in your entry. So get snapping!
Contest ends September 30, 2006.
International Grand Prize
$2,500 Costco Cash card (or equivalent)
First Prize: $1,500 Costco Cash card
Second Prize: $1,000 Costco Cash card
Third Prize: $500 Costco Cash card
All winners will also receive: A Fuji QuickSnap
Flash one-time-use camera and a scrapbook or
photo album. (Honorable mentions to be awarded
at judges’ discretion.)
contest software powered by:
Costco Photo Contest 2006 Official Rules
1. To enter, submit an unframed, unmounted black- A separate contest will be held for Costco
and-white or color picture ( 4" x 6" or 5" x 7") employees and their immediate families.
with the entry form securely affixed to the back. 12. Entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2006.
Online entries should be in JPEG format. Save a Award winners will be notified by December 2006.
high-quality print (which will be required) in the Winners will be notified by mail.
event you are a winner.
13. Mail entries to: Costco Photo Contest, P.O. Box
2. The theme of the contest is “Give Us Your Best 34088, Seattle, WA 98124-1088.
Shot.” Winning entries will be those that best
14. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by
reflect the theme. Decisions of the judges are final. law, where a license is required or where subject
3. Photos will not be judged unless the entrant’s to tax (other than tax on prizes awarded). All
name, address, membership number and tele- federal, provincial, state and local taxes are the
phone number have been written legibly on the sole responsibility of the winners.
entry form and attached to the back of the photo. 15. All fees and personal expenses incidental to
4. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years or redemption of prizes (as deemed necessary)
older to enter. will be the sole responsibility of the winners.
5. Entrant must be a current membership cardholder 16. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of notifica-of Costco. No prizes will be awarded until tion. If not claimed by this date, the prizes will be
entrant’s membership status has been verified forfeited. All claims thereto following this date will
as current by Costco. be null and void.
6. One entry per membership cardholder; additional 17. No substitution or transfer of prizes except at the
entries will be disqualified. Previously published sole discretion of the sponsor. All restrictions apply.
photographs are acceptable.
18. Each winner must agree in writing that his or her
7. Odds of winning will depend on the total number name, likeness, city, winning photo and negative may
of entries submitted. be used by Costco for promotional and publication
8. Photos must be suitable for family viewing. purposes without additional compensation. Prior to
9. Contestants must know the names and receiving prizes, each winner will be required to sign
addresses of all identifiable people in a release provided by Costco to this effect and obtain
their photographs. a release or permission from anyone with proprietary
10. All entries become the property of Costco. Receipt rights in the winning photograph (such as artwork, of entries cannot be acknowledged and entries trademarks or a person’s likeness). Refusal or inabil- cannot be returned. Costco assumes no respon- ity to provide such releases or permissions will sibility for submitted photographs. result in entrant’s disqualification in this photo 11. Employees of Costco Wholesale Corporation and contest, and any prizes will be forfeited. members of their immediate families (spouse/ 19. Costco reserves the right to cancel or suspend the domestic partner and any children over
18 years contest should any cause beyond the control of old living with the employee and having a valid Costco affect the administration, security, fairness, Costco card) are not eligible to enter. Employees integrity or proper operation of the contest, or for of sponsoring companies or members of their any other reason it deems appropriate, at its sole immediate families are not eligible to enter. and absolute discretion.
Submit online at
or cut out and tape
this entry form Member Name
to the back of a
4"x 6" or 5"x 7"
photo and mail to: Address
Costco Members City
P.O. Box 34088
Location of Photo
Please sign that you have read and understand the contest rules.
All entries must be postmarked or submitted online by September 30, 2006.