RECIPE PHOTO PROVIDED BY SWIFT
Turkey is fine,
Beef Fillet with Black Cherry
and Toasted Walnut Sauce
2 choice or prime beef fillets Kosher salt
1 tablespoon canola oil Freshly ground black pepper
EVERY SPECIAL HOLIDAY meal has
a stunning centerpiece. We usually
2 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
2 tablespoons dried black cherries SEASONING RUB
think of turkey or a roast for this
role, but a fine cut of beef can be a
1/4 cup medium walnut pieces 2 teaspoons dry English mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup dry red wine 1 teaspoon coarsely ground
1/2 cup beef stock black pepper
This recipe for a choice or prime
beef fillet calls for a zesty rub that’s
1 tablespoon prepared 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
cranberry sauce 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
worth trying during the holidays. But
don’t stop there. For future dishes,
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. To prepare the seasoning rub, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
consider trying Costco’s delicious
Rub each fillet generously with the rub.
Kirkland Signature™ Steak Rub or
3. Preheat an ovenproof sauté pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
Sweet Mesquite Rub.
Add canola oil to the pan.
This recipe is featured in our
latest cookbook, Cooking in
Style The Costco Way, featuring
products that are available at
4. Place both fillets in the pan and sear for about 3 minutes. Turn over
and sear for 2 minutes.
5. Place the pan in the oven for about 5 minutes for medium-rare.
Add 11/2 minutes of cooking time for each level of doneness. Remove
fillets from the pan and let rest.
Costco. To see an electronic
6. Place the pan on the stove and heat to medium-high. Add butter,
cherries, walnuts and garlic; sauté for about 2 minutes.
version, go to costco.com and click
on “Costco Connection Magazine.”
7. Add wine and cook until reduced by half. Add beef stock and
reduce by half.
8. Add cranberry sauce and salt and pepper to taste; reduce heat to
medium-low so the sauce simmers.
9. For a thicker sauce, mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water to
create a slurry. Add a teaspoon of the slurry to the sauce and stir for 10
seconds. Repeat until desired consistency is achieved. Makes 2 servings.