Linguine in Summer Salad
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons 1 stick (1/4 pound) salted
extra-virgin olive oil butter, melted
4 Smithfield/Farmland* Fresh 12 ounces Brie cheese,
Pork Tenders cut in small cubes
6-8 medium ripe tomatoes, cut 1 pound linguine
in bite-size pieces 1/2 cup Smithfield*
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped Real Bacon Crumbles
fresh basil Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in an ovenproof pan. Sear pork on
all sides over moderate heat until brown. Place the pan in the oven for
8-12 minutes, or until internal temperature is 140°F. Remove and when
cool enough to handle, slice the pork and keep warm.
3. Mix tomatoes, basil, garlic, 1/2 cup olive oil, butter and Brie together in
a large bowl.
4. Cook the linguine in lightly salted boiling water, drain well and add to
the Brie mixture. Add bacon crumbles and sliced pork and quickly toss
5. Serve immediately, liberally sprinkling each serving with grated
Parmesan. Makes 4 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Ham, Smoked Salmon & Cheddar Rolls
8 ounces smoked salmon
8 slices Kirkland Signature/Carando* Spiral Sliced Ham
8 slices white bread, crusts removed
4 ounces shredded mild Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice salmon into sixteen 1-inch-by-1/2-inch pieces.
3. Cut ham into 1/2-inch strips.
4. Cut bread in half (rectangular pieces).
5. Place a piece of salmon at the narrow end of each piece of bread and
sprinkle with cheese. Roll bread with salmon and cheese into a cylinder
and wrap with a ham slice. Secure with a toothpick.
6. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for approximately
15-18 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.