Chicken and Wild Mushroom Marsala
3 tablespoons extra-virgin
12 tablespoons ( 1 1/2 sticks)
12 ounces mixed wild mushrooms,
1 cup Marsala wine
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup plus 1 teaspoon
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Salt and freshly ground pepper
8 Foster Farms* boneless, skinless
chicken thighs, cut into
1 1/2-inch chunks
1. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and mushrooms
and sauté until light brown, stirring occasionally, about 1-2 minutes. Remove
mushrooms from the pan.
2. In a shallow dish, combine 1 cup flour and salt and pepper to taste. Season
chicken with salt and pepper to taste and then toss in the flour mixture, coating
all sides. Shake off excess flour.
3. Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in the sauté pan over medium-low heat.
Place chicken in the pan and cook for about 1 1/2-2 minutes per side, or until
just cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm.
4. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon flour in the pan and stir until it’s absorbed by the butter.
Stir in Marsala and chicken broth and simmer until slightly thickened, stirring
occasionally, about 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms to the pan and squeeze the
juice of the lemon directly into the mushroom sauce. Add the remaining 1
stick of butter, stirring constantly to make a smooth, silky sauce.
5. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper and pour over the chicken.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: You can use Foster Farms boneless, skinless breasts for this recipe.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.