Chef’s Choice I
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
All recipes developed by Sandra Lee
4 boneless, skinless chicken 2 lemons, thinly sliced
breast halves 8 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus
2 teaspoons Kirkland Signature more for garnish
extra-virgin olive oil 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons Kirkland Signature 1/4 cup white wine
Organic No-Salt Seasoning 1/2 teaspoon pre-crushed garlic
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Trim any excess fat from chicken and rinse under cold water. Pat dry
with paper towels.
3. Use a pastry brush to brush both sides of chicken breasts with olive oil
and season with no-salt seasoning. Set aside.
4. In a baking dish lay 2-3 slices of lemon and a sprig of rosemary for each
breast. Place chicken breasts smooth-side up on lemon and rosemary. Top
each chicken breast with another sprig of rosemary and 2-3 slices of lemon.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Remove chicken to a platter and tent with foil. Place half of the rosemary
from the baking dish in a small saucepan and scrape in any browned bits.
Add chicken broth, wine and garlic. Bring to a boil over medium-high
heat and cook until reduced by half. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer.
7. Serve chicken hot with sauce, garnished with a fresh slice of lemon and
a rosemary sprig. Makes 4 servings.
Lemon Salmon Brochettes
1 1/2 pounds salmon steaks, at 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley,
least 1 inch thick finely chopped
3 tablespoons frozen lemonade 24 cherry tomatoes
concentrate 6 skewers
2 teaspoons crushed garlic 1 1/2 lemons, cut lengthwise
1/3 cup white wine vinegar into 12 wedges
1 8-ounce bottle clam juice
2 teaspoons Kirkland Signature
Herbed Seafood Rub
1. Remove skin from salmon and cut into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together lemonade concentrate, garlic, vinegar,
clam juice, seafood rub and parsley. Set aside.
3. Alternate fish and tomatoes on skewers. Secure both ends with a
wedge of lemon.
4. Place skewers in a large zip-top bag. Pour in marinade. Marinate in the
refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
5. A half-hour before cooking, remove skewers from the refrigerator and
bring to room temperature.
6. Light the grill and preheat to medium-high. Brush and oil the grate
when ready to start cooking.
7. Remove skewers from marinade and place on the preheated, oiled grill.
Discard marinade. Grill for 8-10 minutes, or until the fish flakes, turning
once during cooking.
8. Serve hot. Makes 6 servings.