Bacon/Blue Cheese–Stuffed Pork Loin
PRAIRIEFRESH PREMIUM PORK5
3- to 4-pound PrairieFresh 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
boneless pork loin 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Kitchen twine 2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
black pepper 1/2 cup chopped green onions
S TUFFING 2 slices Daily’s Premium Bacon,
10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed cooked and crumbled
and drained 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To prepare the stuffing, place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until
3. Butterfly (cut lengthwise almost all the way through) the pork loin.
Butterfly again on the left side and on the right side.
4. Spread the stuffing evenly over the loin. Roll the loin up like a jelly roll
and tie securely at 2- to 3-inch intervals with kitchen twine.
5. Place the loin in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt and
6. Roast for 45-60 minutes, or until internal temperature is 150-155°F.
Let stand for 10 minutes.
Tropical Pork Chops
CHESTNUT HILL FARMS/
6 3/4-inch-thick boneless pork chops
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
1/2 ripe pineapple, peeled and diced
1 cup small cantaloupe balls
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Brush pork chops lightly with oil and brown on each side. Remove
from the pan.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to the skillet, stir to blend and bring
to a boil.
4. Return the chops to the skillet, cover tightly and cook over low heat
for 5-6 minutes, or until the chops are just done. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Allen Susser.