Grilled Mediterranean Chicken
with Roasted Vegetables
1 leek, cleaned and sliced length- thawed in a cooler between
wise into quarters 32° and 36°F
1 fennel bulb, cut into 8 wedges, MARINADE
leaving core attached 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup salted butter, melted 1/4 cup olive oil
1 each red, yellow and green bell pepper 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
4 cups prepared polenta, warmed 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
4 oregano sprigs 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 Kirkland Signature/Tyson* Individually Frozen Boneless, 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground Skinless Chicken Breast Filets, black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place leek and fennel in a shallow roasting pan and drizzle with butter.
Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven and keep warm.
3. Quickly char bell peppers over high open flame or under broiler until
evenly blackened. Transfer to a plastic bag for 10 minutes. Peel, seed and
slice each pepper into 8 strips. Add to roasted vegetables.
4. Combine marinade ingredients and rub over thawed chicken breasts.
5. Grill breasts over medium heat, turning occasionally, until internal
temperature is 170°F.
6. To serve, place polenta on plates. Top with chicken and vegetables.
Garnish with oregano. Makes 4 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Cherry-Stuffed Grilled Chicken
1 1/2 cups pitted and coarsely chopped Rainier* fresh sweet cherries
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
4 4- to 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1. Combine cherries, onion, sage, salt and thyme; mix well.
2. Cut a pocket on the thicker side of each chicken breast. Sprinkle lightly
with salt if desired. Stuff 1/4 of cherry mixture into each pocket; close opening
with metal skewers or wooden picks. Place in a nonreactive pan.
3. Combine oil, vinegar, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Pour over the
chicken and marinate for 1/2 hour in the refrigerator.
4. Broil or grill chicken breasts, brushing with marinade, until fully cooked
and juices run clear when sliced. Makes 4 servings.
Oven method: Preheat oven to 375°F. Brown stuffed chicken in an ovenproof
skillet. Transfer to the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.