Chicken Lo Mein
1 12-ounce package uncooked whole wheat pasta
4 1/2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil, divided
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
3 cups Kirkland Signature Vegetable Stir-Fry (frozen)
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1/2 can (2/3 cup) condensed chicken broth
1. To prepare the sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir, or place
in a closed container and shake.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or large saucepan over high heat. Add
chicken and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Remove chicken from
4. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons oil to the
pan. Add vegetables and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
5. Add sauce to the vegetables and cook until thickened. Stir in chicken and
pasta and heat until warm. Makes 2-3 servings.
Tips: Substitute light soy sauce, shrimp, low-sodium chicken broth and/or
sugar substitute. Add grated orange peel, pineapple juice or orange juice to
boost the flavor.