Grilled Citrus Chicken
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup Wesson* Pure Vegetable Oil, plus more for coating grill
1/4 cup Gulden’s* Spicy Brown Mustard
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 pounds chicken pieces (boneless or bone-in, with or without skin)
1. Whisk together brown sugar, 1/3 cup oil, mustard, vinegar, garlic, lemon
juice, lime juice and salt in a medium bowl to make marinade.
2. Pour marinade into a resealable plastic freezer bag. Add chicken, seal and
turn to coat pieces. Refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 2 hours.
3. When ready to cook, remove chicken from bag, letting excess marinade
drip off. Discard leftover marinade.
4. Pour oil onto a clean cloth and wipe the cold grill to prevent sticking.
Position the grill 4-6 inches from the heat.
5. Cook chicken over medium heat for 15-35 minutes, to an internal temperature
of 160°F, or until juice is no longer pink in the thickest part. Turn frequently to
prevent burning. Makes 6 servings.
Tip: Cooking time guidelines: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts— 15-20
minutes; bone-in breasts— 20-25 minutes; dark meat—up to 35 minutes.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Chicken Sautéed with Fresh Herbs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (e.g., parsley, rosemary, thyme
and oregano), or 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
3 Kirkland Signature/Perdue* Individually Frozen Boneless, Skinless
Chicken Breasts, thawed
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons minced onion
1 cup 99% fat-free chicken broth
1. In a shallow dish, stir together flour and herbs. Press chicken into the
flour mixture, coating both sides completely.
2. Warm olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and brown
on each side for approximately 90 seconds. Remove chicken and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to low and add onion to the pan. Cook for 1 minute. Add
broth and chicken. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer for about
10-15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers
170°F and the sauce has slightly thickened.
4. To serve, set the chicken on plates and spoon the sauce on top. Serve
with your favorite side dish. Makes 3 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.