Healthy Mini Mushroom Meatloaves
1 pound ground turkey
2 4-ounce cans Giorgio, Brandywine or Penn Dutch* mushrooms,
stems and pieces, drained
1 cup rolled oats
1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together turkey, mushrooms, oats, egg, onion, salt,
pepper, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and thyme.
3. Divide the mixture into 12 balls, or even easier, use an ice cream scoop,
and place in the muffin cups.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature is 160°F.
Makes 6 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Turkey Breast with
Mushroom Tarragon Sauce
WILLOW BROOK FOODS5
1 Willow Brook* All Natural Kettle Fried Breast of Turkey
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
Salt and pepper
1 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
1-11/2 teaspoons cornstarch (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place turkey breast in a baking pan and roast for 2 hours, uncovered.
3. Combine roast drippings and 1/2 cup cold water in a saucepan and bring
to a boil. Add tarragon, vinegar and mushrooms. Reduce heat and simmer
for about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. To prepare a smaller amount of turkey, preheat oven to 350°F. Cut
1/4- to 1/2-inch slices of turkey and warm in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
To make the sauce, add bouillon cube to 1/2 cup cold water in a saucepan
and proceed as above.
5. To thicken, mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir into the
gravy. Makes 5-6 servings.
Tip: Serve with mashed potatoes and carrot medallions or a mix of julienned
carrots and green beans.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.