Salmon with Fresh Salsa Mayo Coating
1 1/2 pounds Smoki Foods* farm-raised or wild salmon fillets or portions
1 cup fresh salsa
1 cup high-quality mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, or gas grill to medium.
2. Remove skin and any remaining bones from salmon. Rinse salmon under
cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Drain salsa, removing as much of the liquid as possible.
4. Combine mayonnaise, drained salsa and ground cumin in a small bowl
and stir to mix.
5. Place salmon skinned side down on an ungreased baking sheet if using
the oven or on foil with the edges turned up for the grill. Coat salmon with
6. Bake for 20 minutes in the oven or 15 minutes on the grill (with the lid
closed), or until cooked to taste. The coating keeps the fish moist even if it
is slightly overcooked.
7. Carefully transfer the salmon with a spatula to a platter or serving plates.
Makes 4 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.