6 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Juice of 2 lemons
1/4 cup Marsala wine
1/4 cup apricot jam
4 6-ounce skinless, boneless Atlantic salmon portions
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven broiler.
2. Combine honey, grated lemon peel and juice, Marsala and jam in
a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sauce becomes thick,
about 5 minutes.
3. Place salmon on a greased broiler pan. Season to taste with salt
4. Broil on high, 4 inches from the heating element, for 10 minutes, or until
salmon flakes apart with a fork. Spoon half of the apricot sauce over salmon
in the last 3 minutes.
5. Serve salmon with remaining sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Salmon and Krab Cakes
ORVAL KENT FOODS5
1 package Kirkland Signature stuffed salmon entrée
4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
3 ounces panko (dried Japanese bread crumbs)
Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
1 ounce green onions, thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper
Lemon wedges, for garnish
1. Remove stuffing from salmon and reserve.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon
pieces and sear on all sides, cooking until medium-rare. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine stuffing, panko, grated lemon peel and juice, green
onions, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Fold in salmon, breaking into 3/4-inch pieces.
5. Form into patties about 3 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Chill
for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 375°F.
7. Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat and sear cakes on both
sides until golden brown. Transfer to a baking sheet and warm in the oven
for approximately 5 minutes.
8. Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges. Makes 3-4 servings.