Shellfish Paella with Italian Sausage
G.F.C. INC./SEAFOOD LOGISTICS INC. 6
8 cups chicken stock 5 large tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon saffron threads Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup olive oil, divided 2 pounds Atlantic Capes* U/15
2 pounds Tarantino* mild frozen sea scallops, thawed
Italian sausages 2 pounds Mazzetta/SeaMazz* U/15
2 white or yellow onions, frozen black tiger shrimp,
finely chopped shell on or peeled and
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped deveined, thawed
4 cups Arborio rice 2 pounds Westhaven* New Zealand
1 cup white wine littleneck cockle clams
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place chicken stock in a stockpot, add saffron and bring to a boil. Set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large round sauté, roasting or paella pan with
a lid over medium heat. Add sausages and cook until browned. Remove from
the pan and set aside.
4. Add remaining olive oil, onions and bell pepper to the pan. Sauté until
soft. Add rice and stir to coat well. Add wine and cook, stirring, until it evaporates.
Add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10
minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Add sausages and scallops. Cover and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Place shrimp and clams on top, cover and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until
8. Serve family-style or in individual bowls or plates. Makes 8-10 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.