AMERICAN PRIDE SEAFOODS6
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup diced onion
3 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
Salt and pepper
1-2 pounds American Pride U/10 sea scallops, thawed
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 cups arugula or baby spinach
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut six 4-by-4-inch squares from puff pastry sheet. Place squares on a
sheet pan and bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions
and sauté until they begin to caramelize, 7-8 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender.
5. Stir in wine, cream, mustard and vinegar. Reduce heat to low and gently
simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
6. Cut each scallop in half horizontally, making 2 thinner rounds.
7. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add scallops and
cook for 1 minute per side.
8. To assemble each tower, carefully cut a puff pastry square into 3 layers.
Place a few arugula leaves on the bottom portion and top with 2 scallop
slices and 2-3 tablespoonfuls of mushroom sauce. Repeat with the middle
layer of pastry, arugula, scallops and sauce. Cap with the top pastry piece.
Makes 6 servings.