Scallops with Panko Crust and
Herbed Coconut Chutney
ATLANTIC CAPES FISHERIES6
1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley or mint 1 1/2 pounds Atlantic Capes
leaves (or 1/2 cup of each) Fisheries sea scallops, thawed
1/2 cup chopped green onions Salt and pepper
1 cup canned coconut milk 2 eggs
(unsweetened) 2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup flaked coconut 3 cups panko (Japanese bread
2 jalapeño chiles, chopped crumbs) or dry bread crumbs
1 garlic clove Vegetable oil (approximately 1 cup)
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
Juice of 2 limes
Chili powder to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1. To prepare the chutney, combine all the chutney ingredients in a blender
and puree. Set aside.
2. Season scallops with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl. Place panko in a bowl.
4. Heat oil in a nonstick sauté pan over moderately high heat.
5. Dip scallops first in the egg mixture and then the panko.
6. Place scallops in the hot pan and sauté until golden brown and just barely
7. Serve the scallops with the chutney. Makes 4 servings.