Tilapia with Passion Fruit
and Ginger Sauce
2 cups passion fruit juice
1/4 cup sugar
6 large garlic cloves, smashed
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 Aquamericas* tilapia fillets
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
3 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, combine passion fruit juice with sugar and
bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderate and simmer
until the juice is reduced by half and thickened slightly, about 15 minutes.
2. Transfer to a blender or food processor and let cool slightly.
3. Add garlic and ginger to the blender and blend until smooth, about
30 seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Preheat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Melt butter in the pan,
then add the tilapia and cook until golden brown.
6. Serve with the passion fruit sauce and garnish with chives and bell
pepper. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Italian-Style Catfish with
Basil Lemon Sauce
DELTA PRIDE CATFISH5
1 cup Italian dry bread crumbs BASIL LEMON SAUCE
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 5 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground pepper 4 tablespoons butter
1 cup Italian salad dressing 2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons minced fresh basil 2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
3 tablespoons minced capers
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
4 Delta Pride deep skin
1. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan and pepper in a shallow dish.
2. In a bowl, combine Italian dressing, basil, lemon juice, capers and egg.
Stir to blend.
3. Heat olive oil and butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
4. Soak fish in Italian dressing mixture and then dredge in bread-crumb
mixture. Place fish in the pan and sauté for 6-8 minutes on each side, or
until golden brown.
5. To prepare the sauce, combine lemon juice, butter and olive oil in a
saucepan and heat over medium heat until butter is melted. Whisk in cornstarch
until smooth, adding more lemon juice or cornstarch if necessary. Stir in
basil. Serve immediately over the fish. Makes 4 servings.