Irene’s Halibut Supreme
ALASKA GLACIER SEAFOOD5
2 pounds Alaska Glacier Seafood* 1/2 cup cornmeal
halibut fillet 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cups milk, divided 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1 stick (1/4 pound) butter 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup chopped onions 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped green bell peppers 1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 eggs Paprika
15 Ritz crackers, crushed Chopped green onions
1. Soak halibut in 2 cups milk for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Drain and
pat dry with paper towels.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Melt butter in a baking pan. Add onions, celery and bell pepper. Mix and
spread over the bottom of the pan.
4. In a bowl, beat together eggs and remaining 1 cup milk.
5. Combine cracker crumbs, cornmeal, herbs and spices in a shallow bowl.
6. Dip halibut in the milk/egg mixture and then roll in the cracker mixture.
Place halibut in the baking pan on top of the onion mixture.
7. Mix sour cream and mayonnaise. Spread over the halibut. Sprinkle
8. Bake for 40 minutes, or until just cooked through. Sprinkle with green
onions. Makes 8 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Grilled Halibut with Sweet
and Spicy Fruit Salsa
THE OPPENHEIMER GROUP5
3 pounds halibut steaks
Salt and pepper
1 cup 1/4-inch pieces peeled, cored Linda Gold pineapple
3/4 cup 1/4-inch pieces peeled, pitted mango
2/3 cup 1/4-inch pieces Oppenheimer red bell pepper
1/2 cup 1/4-inch pieces seeded Oppenheimer greenhouse tomato
1/3 cup 1/4-inch pieces Oppenheimer baby seedless cucumber
1/3 cup 1/4-inch pieces red onion
3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
2 tablespoons minced, seeded jalapeño chile
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. To prepare the salsa, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss
to blend. Season with salt, if desired. Chill for 1-4 hours, allowing flavors
2. Preheat grill to medium-high.
3. Brush halibut with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Grill the fish until it flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes per side.
Serve immediately, topped with fruit salsa. Makes 6 servings.