Spicy Shrimp Fra Diavolo
8 ounces linguine
1 pound (1/2 carton) SeaPak* Shrimp Scampi, frozen
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cook linguine according to package directions until al dente and drain.
2. Sauté shrimp in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 6 minutes.
Scoop shrimp out of the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Return pan with scampi sauce to the stove and turn the heat up to
medium-high. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
4. Add tomatoes (including juice), wine, Italian seasoning and red pepper.
Bring the mixture to a low rolling boil and continue to boil for 7 minutes,
5. Add shrimp to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add linguine and toss to coat.
7. Serve with shredded Parmesan, if desired. Makes 2-3 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.