Clam “Golden Jubilee” Fettuccine
8 ounces fettuccine (or pasta
of your choice)
2 leeks, sliced and separated
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, sliced
Generous splash of New Zealand
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup coarsely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
Grated lemon peel, for garnish
3-4 saffron threads
1 5-pound bag Westhaven*
New Zealand littleneck clams
1. Cook fettuccine in abundant boiling salted water until slightly underdone.
Drain and set aside.
2. Cook leeks in a steamer until tender.
3. Place olive oil, garlic and saffron in a heavy pot. Cook over low heat until
garlic is soft but not colored.
4. Add clams, toss and raise heat to medium-high. Pour on wine. Cover
immediately with a tight-fitting lid and cook until clams open, just a few
minutes. Discard any that don’t open.
5. Add bell pepper, parsley and steamed leeks.
6. Add drained fettuccine to the clams. Stir well and let pasta finish cooking
in clam juices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with grated lemon peel and serve immediately. Makes 4-5 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Four-Cheese Ravioli with Tiny
Tomatoes, Crisp Prosciutto and Basil
KIRKLAND SIGNATURE/SEVIROLI FOODS5
2 lemons, halved and juiced 4 garlic cloves, slivered
(reserve juice for another use) 1 cup red pear tomatoes, halved
1 cup olive oil 1 cup yellow pear tomatoes,
6 slices prosciutto halved
36 Kirkland Signature frozen 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Four-Cheese Ravioli Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
3 cups tomato sauce, homemade
1. Place lemon hulls and olive oil in a small pan over very low heat. Simmer
for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let sit for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 200°F.
3. Lay prosciutto on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for
20-30 minutes, or until crisp.
4. Cook ravioli according to package directions.
5. Heat tomato sauce and keep warm.
6. Heat 1/4 cup lemon oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and cook
until golden brown. Add pear tomatoes, raise heat and cook, stirring, just
until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in basil. Set aside.
7. Divide plain warm tomato sauce and ravioli among 6 bowls. Garnish with
tomato-basil mixture. Add prosciutto and shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: Refrigerate extra lemon oil and use in marinades and salad dressings.