Clementine Chicken Sauce
3 carrots, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken
breast halves, cut into
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground
3 green onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 small zucchini, cut into
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded
1/2 cup strong chicken stock
1/4 cup white wine
4 Outspan* clementines, peel
finely grated, sectioned
3/4 pound fettuccine, cooked
al dente and drained
1/4 cup finely chopped
1. Blanch carrots in boiling water until tender-crisp. Refresh under cold
water and drain.
2. In a large heavy skillet, melt half of butter with oil over medium heat.
Toss chicken with flour, salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until
lightly browned. Remove.
3. Melt remaining butter in skillet. Add onions, garlic, zucchini and carrots.
Cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock, wine and grated peel.
Bring to a boil.
4. Return chicken strips to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce
thickens slightly. Stir in clementines and heat briefly.
5. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Add fettuccine and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Pesto Sauce with Pasta
ANN’S HOUSE OF NUTS5
1/2 cup Kirkland Signature roasted and salted cashews,
broken into pieces
1 large garlic clove
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound pasta of choice (linguine, spaghetti, trenette or farfalle)
1/2 cup hot pasta cooking liquid
1. Place cashews, garlic, 1 cup basil, 1/2 cup parsley and salt in a food
processor or blender and chop well.
2. Add remaining 1 cup basil and 1/2 cup parsley. With the machine
running, slowly add olive oil until the sauce is thick and well blended.
3. Transfer the sauce to a bowl. Fold in Parmesan.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking
water and drain pasta.
5. Stir cooking water into the pesto sauce. Add pasta and toss well.
Serve immediately. Makes 4 1-cup servings.