Sausage with Shrimp and Pasta Shells
5 links Premio* hot or sweet Italian sausage,
cut into thirds
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
12-16 ounces raw medium shrimp, deveined
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup canned chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
1 pound medium pasta shells, cooked al dente and drained
4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1. In a large heavy-bottomed sauté pan, cook sausage in 2 tablespoons olive
oil over medium heat until well browned but still slightly undercooked at the
center. Remove sausage and reserve in a warm place.
2. Add garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until pale gold, taking
care not to burn.
3. Add shrimp and salt and pepper to taste. Stir-fry until shrimp turn
pink and are almost cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add wine and chicken broth.
5. Return the pan to the heat and boil until almost dry and the shrimp
6. Add reserved sausage and its juices, basil and cooked pasta.
7. Toss all ingredients together and heat through. Season to taste
with salt and pepper.
8. Drizzle with remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil. Serve sprinkled with
toasted pine nuts and grated cheese to taste. Makes 3-4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.