“Pizza My Heart” Salad
ANDY BOY/GIORGIO MUSHROOMS6
1 Andy Boy* Heart of Romaine
4 whole wheat pita breads
4 tablespoons pizza sauce
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
1/2 cup sliced fresh Giorgio* mushrooms
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 2 1/4-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
1/4 cup low-fat balsamic or Italian dressing
12 thin slices pepperoni
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 475°F.
2. Rinse romaine heart and dry.
3. Place pita bread directly on oven rack to crisp up, about 7 minutes.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce on each pita and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon
Parmesan cheese. Place on serving plates.
5. Coarsely shred romaine with a serrated knife. Place in a large bowl and
add mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, the remaining Parmesan cheese and
dressing. Toss gently.
6. Top pita pizzas with the salad mixture. Garnish each salad with 3 slices
of pepperoni and a bit more grated Parmesan cheese. Pass the red pepper
flakes and enjoy! Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.