Stir-Fried Vegetables and
Cashews in Pomegranate Sauce
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/2 cup 100% pomegranate juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce (naturally brewed)
2 tablespoons honey (nonflavored)
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
2-3 large garlic cloves, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
16 ounces (1/2bag) Eat Smart Stir Fry Vegetables
1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
1/4 cup salted cashew halves
1. Toast sesame seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat, shaking
the pan occasionally until seeds are golden, about 1 minute. Set aside.
2. Mix pomegranate juice, soy sauce, honey and cornstarch in a small
bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic
and cook, stirring continuously, until aromatic. Add vegetables and
pepper, and stir-fry until crisp-tender.
4. Add pomegranate juice mixture and cook, stirring continuously,
until thickened, about 1-1 1/2 minutes.
5. Add cashews and toss to combine.
6. Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve
immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Tips: Serve over white rice, or with grilled chicken tossed in with the cashews.
Pomegranate juice varies in sweetness; increase honey quantity, if needed.
Mushroom, Goat Cheese,
Spinach and Pepper Panini
CONCEPT 2 BAKERY5
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
2 portobellini* mushrooms, stems removed
4 cups fresh spinach leaves
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 Kirkland Signature 4x4 ciabatta breads
6 ounces goat cheese, softened
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms
and cook until tender. Remove from the skillet.
2. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil to the pan. Add spinach and red pepper flakes.
Sauté until wilted, about 60 seconds. Set aside.
3. Roast peppers over an open flame until charred. Peel the charred skin
away. Halve peppers and remove stems and seeds.
4. Cut ciabattas in half and toast in a skillet.
5. Spread goat cheese on bottom half of each ciabatta.
6. Place the cooked spinach on top, then the mushrooms and peppers.
Add top half of ciabatta. Makes 2 servings.
Note: Portobellini mushrooms are a smaller version of a portobello mushroom, usually no more
than 4 inches in diameter.