Raspberry Danish Sundae
with Chocolate Sauce
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 Kirkland Signature raspberry Danish pastry
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
1. To prepare the sauce, place cream in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Remove from the heat and whisk
until smooth; set aside.
2. Place Danish on a dessert plate. Scoop ice cream onto the Danish.
3. Drizzle chocolate sauce over the ice cream.
4. Pipe whipped cream over the ice cream.
5. Garnish with walnuts and raspberries. Makes 1 serving.
Chocolate Raspberry Rugala Tart
1 cup flour 4 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter 2 large eggs
2 tablespoons ice water 1 pint milk
GANACHE 1/4 cup butter
1/ 1 2 cup heavy cream /2 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 ounces semisweet 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
chocolate, chopped to stiff peaks
12 pieces Countryside*
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. To prepare the crust, blend flour, salt and butter. Add water and mix until
a dough forms. Roll dough into a 10-inch round. Place on a baking sheet,
pierce with a fork and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until light brown. Let cool.
3. To prepare the ganache, scald cream. Remove from heat and add
chocolate, stirring until melted. Let cool. Spread evenly over the baked shell.
4. To prepare the filling, mix cornstarch, sugar and eggs in a bowl. Scald
milk in a saucepan; slowly whisk into egg mixture. Return mixture to the
saucepan and stir over medium heat until boiling, 1 minute. Remove from
heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Let cool. Fold in whipped cream.
5. Place rugala around the tart shell edge. Spread filling over the tart.
Garnish with raspberries. Makes 12 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.