Triple Fruit Scones with
Strawberry Cream Cheese
CURRY & COMPANY/ANDREW &
3 cups all-purpose flour STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE
1 teaspoon salt 1 8-ounce package cream cheese,
2 tablespoons baking powder softened
1/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup fresh Limited Edition*
3 eggs, divided strawberries, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups heavy cream 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar
1/ (optional) 2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
1 1/2 cups berries: blueberries,
blackberries, raspberries or
3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl. Add sugar
and mix to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, heavy cream and lemon
extract. Stir into the flour mixture. Do not overmix.
4. Gently fold in berries.
5. Divide dough into 3 portions. Place on a floured surface and sprinkle with
more flour. Gently pat into 6-inch rounds. Place on parchment-lined cookie
sheets. Cut each round into quarters or sixths.
6. Make an egg wash with remaining egg and 1 tablespoon water. Brush
tops of scones with egg mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. To prepare Strawberry Cream Cheese, mix cream cheese with strawberries
and confectioners’ sugar. Serve with scones. Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe developed by Linda Carey, culinary specialist.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.