Graham Apple Cobbler
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
7 cups peeled and thinly sliced L&M* Nature’s Delight or
First Fruits Granny Smith or Jonagold apples
Pastry dough for 2-crust 9-inch pie
2 tablespoons honey
1 quart vanilla bean ice cream
2/3 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers, approximately 5 squares
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons coarsely ground rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Stir together sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples
and toss to coat.
3. Line a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with pastry dough and flute the edges.
4. Fill the crust with the coated apples and drizzle the apples with honey.
5. To prepare the topping, place crushed graham crackers, brown sugar,
flour, rolled oats and cinnamon in a bowl and stir to combine. Cut in
butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apple mixture.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes, or until the topping is
7. Serve warm with ice cream. Makes 8 servings.
Recipe from L&M’s Corinne Grodski.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Apple Walnut Crostata
NEW YORK APPLE5
6-7 Eastern* Jonagold apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Dash of vanilla extract
1 refrigerated ready-made piecrust
2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Place apples, brown sugar, walnuts, flour and vanilla extract in a large mixing
bowl and toss well.
3. Place piecrust on the baking sheet.
4. Spoon apple mixture into center of piecrust and fold up edges of pastry to
capture apples and juices, leaving apples exposed in the center. Dot with butter.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Makes 8 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.