White Chocolate Cherry Tartlets
6 sheets frozen phyllo dough
1 stick butter, divided
4 cups pitted fresh M&R cherries
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pinch of chili powder (optional)
2 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw phyllo dough to room temperature. Keep covered with a
moist towel during use.
3. Melt 1/2 stick of butter.
4. Layer the phyllo sheets, brushing each sheet with melted butter.
Cut into 6 squares and line 6 cups of a muffin pan with the squares.
Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Place cherries in a bowl, sprinkle with flour and toss gently to coat.
Mix in sugar, lemon juice and chili powder. Gently scoop the mixture into
the phyllo cups.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cover the edges of the
phyllo with foil if necessary.
7. Place white chocolate in a saucepan and melt over low heat. Melt the
remaining 1/2 stick of butter and stir in. Add cream and mix until smooth.
8. Serve the tartlets warm with a generous portion of sauce. Makes 6 servings.