Blackberry Cream Pie
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
4 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 9-inch graham cracker pie shell
15 ounces Sun Belle* blackberries
3 tablespoons blackberry jam
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese with confectioners’ sugar on low
speed until well blended. Gradually add milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, until creamy.
2. Spread the cream cheese filling evenly in the pie shell.
3. Arrange blackberries on the filling in a circular pattern, starting from
the outer rim of the pie shell and working toward the center, slightly
overlapping the berries.
4. To prepare the glaze, combine jam with sugar in a small microwavable
bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until the jam is liquid and
well blended with the sugar. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
5. Brush the glaze over the blackberries.
6. Refrigerate the pie for 4 hours before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Fruit Kabobs with Lime Whip
2 Samsons peaches, peeled
2 Samsons nectarines
4 Samsons apricots
24 Samsons grapes
1/2 cup lime yogurt
1/2 cup whipped dessert topping
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 teaspoons finely grated lime peel
1. Cut peaches, nectarines and apricots into 1- to 1 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Thread the cubed fruit and grapes onto skewers.
3. To prepare the Lime Whip, combine all ingredients and stir to mix.
Serve with the fruit kabobs. Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe developed by Linda Carey, culinary specialist.