Strawberry Coconut Crunch Pie
2 cups Kashi GOLEAN Crunch! cereal
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
3 cups halved strawberries
1/4 cup cold water
1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place cereal in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin, or grind in a
food processor or blender until semi-fine in texture.
3. Place crushed cereal in a bowl and add flour, coconut and apple juice.
Stir until well blended.
4. Pour into an oil-sprayed 9-inch glass pie pan and press into place with
a spoon or rubber spatula.
5. Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely on a rack
6. Arrange all but 1/2 cup strawberries in the cooled baked shell.
7. Puree the remaining 1/2 cup strawberries in a blender or food processor.
8. Place cold water in a microwave-safe bowl (or double boiler). Add
arrowroot or cornstarch and stir until well blended. Stir in pureed berries.
Heat until slightly thickened. Pour over berries in the pie shell.
9. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve cold. Makes 8 servings.
Tip: Sprinkle with 1/2 cup slightly crushed Kashi GOLEAN Crunch! cereal.