Caramel Apple Cheesecake
JON DONAIRE DESSERTS5
2 cups cold water 8 large Granny Smith apples,
1/2 cup granulated sugar peeled and sliced
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (approximately 8 cups)
3/ * 4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 Jon Donaire Baked New York
1/ Cheesecake, thawed ( 16 slices) 8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/ 1 jar caramel sauce 8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt 1 tub whipped dessert topping
Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Sliced almonds (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, combine water, sugar, vanilla, spices and salt.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue to boil until sugar is dissolved
and the mixture starts to thicken, approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add apples and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring
occasionally, until apples are tender and the mixture begins to thicken,
about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for about 1 hour.
The mixture will thicken as it cools.
3. Place 1 slice of cheesecake on each plate. Top with 1/4 cup of apple
mixture. Drizzle caramel over cheesecake and apples.
4. Garnish with a dollop of dessert topping and a cinnamon stick.
Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Makes 16 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Hazelnut-Frangelico and Chocolate
1 1/2 pounds Raskas* cream
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate
3 ounces Frangelico liqueur
3 cups whipped cream
1 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup skinned hazelnuts
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter,
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
2. To prepare the crust, blend all ingredients in a food processor. Transfer to
the pan and press to form a firm crust.
3. Place cream cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and salt in a food
processor. Blend until smooth.
4. Remove half of batter to a bowl. Stir in melted chocolate. Add Frangelico
to remaining batter.
5. Pour Frangelico batter into the pan. Then pour in chocolate batter in a
circular pattern. Marble the batters with a toothpick.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, or until set. Let cool to room temperature.
7. To serve, top with whipped cream and toasted hazelnuts. Makes 12 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.