Ice Cream Torte
BEST BRANDS CORP. 6
4 cups Kirkland Signature Granola Snack Mix, loosely packed
6 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 pints Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream
Hot fudge ice cream topping (optional)
1. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with waxed paper.
2. Chop granola in a food processor until it resembles a very coarse meal.
Four cups of bulk granola should yield approximately 3 cups chopped.
Measure 2 1/2 cups of the chopped granola into a medium bowl. Set aside
the remaining granola.
3. Melt butter. Stir in brown sugar.
4. Add butter and sugar mixture to the bowl with the 2 1/2 cups chopped
granola. Mix well. Press into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
Place in the freezer for 15 minutes, or until firmly set.
5. Remove the pan from the freezer. Spoon ice cream over the crust. Place
your hand in a plastic sandwich bag and press ice cream evenly over crust.
6. Sprinkle remaining chopped granola evenly over the ice cream, lightly
pressing it in. Return to the freezer for at least 1 hour.
7. When ready to serve, run a knife around the outside edge of the torte
to make certain it doesn’t stick to the pan sides. Release springform sides
from the pan. Slide the torte off the waxed paper onto a flat plate or cutting
surface. Cut into 12 wedges.
8. Heat hot fudge topping and drizzle onto each plate. Top with a wedge
of ice cream torte and serve immediately. Makes 12 servings.
Tip: Other ice cream flavors and toppings can be substituted.