Fresh Cherry Shortcakes
5 cups fresh Morada Produce* 2 cups cake flour
cherries, pitted and halved 4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup cherry preserves, warmed 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup orange liqueur 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons finely shredded 3/4 cup chilled butter, cut into
orange peel 1/2-inch pieces
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice 1 cup chilled plain yogurt
2/3 cup sugar 2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour Whipped cream
1. In a bowl, combine cherries, warmed preserves, liqueur, orange peel
and lemon juice. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. In a bowl, combine sugar, flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Cut in butter. Mix yogurt with eggs, then stir into dry ingredients just
4. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until it just holds together.
Roll out dough to 1-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out
10 biscuits. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg wash
5. Bake for 18 minutes, or until lightly golden. Serve warm or at room
6. Cut biscuits in half horizontally. On each biscuit bottom place whipped
cream, cherries, biscuit top, whipped cream and cherries. Makes 10 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Fresh Berry Ice Cream Sandwiches
1/2 cup fresh Naturipe Farms* blueberries
1/2 cup fresh Naturipe Farms* raspberries
1/2 cup fresh Naturipe Farms* blackberries
1/2 cup fresh Naturipe Farms* strawberries, cleaned and sliced
1 small container vanilla ice cream
10 4-inch chocolate chip cookies
RASPBERRY DIPPING SAUCE
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup fresh Naturipe Farms* raspberries
1. To prepare the dipping sauce, place juice and sugar in a saucepan and cook
over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Add raspberries and cook
until berries completely dissolve and liquid thickens, no more than 10 minutes.
2. Place fresh berries in a bowl and stir gently to combine.
3. Place a medium scoop of ice cream on top of a cookie. With the back of a
spoon, flatten ice cream to cover the cookie.
4. Spread a spoonful of berries over the ice cream, pressing lightly. Top with
a second cookie.
5. Serve cookies with dipping sauce or drizzle 1 tablespoon of sauce over
each cookie before serving. Makes 5 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.