20 large fresh strawberries
1 pint heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Kirkland Signature strawberry cheesecake
Large sprig of mint, for garnish
SEMISWEET DIPPING CHOCOLATE
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening
WHITE DIPPING CHOCOLATE
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 teaspoon shortening
1. Gently rinse strawberries and set out to dry completely, blotting with paper
towels. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. To prepare dipping chocolate, place semisweet chocolate and shortening
in a bowl and heat in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring, until it is
smooth ( 110°F). Repeat the process with white chocolate and shortening.
3. Dip each strawberry in semisweet chocolate and set on the waxed paper.
4. Fill a small sandwich bag or pastry bag with melted white chocolate.
Cut a very small hole in the bag and pipe white-chocolate decorations onto
5. Whip cream on high speed until soft peaks form. Add confectioners’ sugar
and vanilla. Continue beating for another 30 seconds.
6. Using a large spatula, carefully lift the cheesecake off the plate and onto
a cake stand. Lay the chocolate-dipped strawberries in a ring around the
cake, with the stems facing out. Place a large dollop of whipped cream in the
center and garnish with fresh mint. Serve remaining whipped cream on the
side. Makes 16 servings.