Savory Cameo Apple Crepes
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons chopped shallots
4 American Cameo* apples, peeled and diced
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup white wine
2 teaspoons flour
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/3 cup whipping cream
4 9-inch ready-to-use crepes
8 thin slices unaged manchego cheese
1. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots
and apples; cook, stirring, for 4 minutes, or until shallots have softened.
2. Add raisins and wine; cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in flour, curry powder and cream. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes,
or until a creamy sauce develops.
4. Place a crepe on each of 4 dessert plates. Divide apple filling among
5. Top each serving with 2 slices of cheese. Fold to enclose the filling.
Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.