Nectarine Pound Cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
6 large eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon peach brandy
1/2 cup sour cream
4 cups peeled and diced
(about 5 large nectarines)
FRESH LEMON GLAZE
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in extracts and brandy.
5. Gradually add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to the butter
mixture, beating on low speed.
6. Fold in nectarines. Pour into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for
15 minutes before inverting on a plate.
8. To prepare the glaze, mix all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the
cooled cake. Makes 10-12 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted pan.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.