Seven-Layer Magic Cookie Bars
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, melted
1 14-ounce can Eagle Brand* sweetened condensed milk
(NOT evaporated milk)
1 cup ( 6 ounces) butterscotch-flavored chips
1 cup ( 6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F if using a glass pan).
2. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well.
Press the crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom of a 13-by-9-inch
3. Pour condensed milk evenly over the crumb mixture.
4. Layer remaining ingredients evenly in the order listed. Press down
firmly with a fork.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool. Chill if desired.
6. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store leftovers covered at room temperature.
Makes 24-36 bars.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
1/2 cup light corn syrup or honey
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups Corn Chex or Rice Chex cereal
1/2 cup salted cocktail peanuts (optional)
1. Butter a 9- or 8-inch square pan.
2. Place corn syrup and sugar in a 3-quart saucepan and heat just to boiling
over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
3. Stir in peanut butter. Gently stir in cereal and peanuts until evenly coated.
4. Press the mixture firmly into the pan. Let stand for 1 hour.
5. For squares, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Store loosely covered.
Makes 36 squares.
Tips: Make these tasty bars even more peanutty with crunchy peanut butter!
Use a piece of waxed paper coated with cooking spray to easily press the
mixture into the pan.