Blueberry Coffee Cake with
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup Alpine Fresh* blueberries,
plus more for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a
time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and almond extract.
Mix thoroughly. Add dry ingredients 1 cup at a time and stir until blended.
4. To prepare the topping, place pistachios, coconut, brown sugar, flour and
melted butter in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with blueberries and then
the topping mixture. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in
the center comes out clean. Garnish with blueberries. Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe developed by Linda Carey, culinary specialist.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.