6 Alpine Fresh* mangoes, peeled and diced,
or 2 pounds Alpine Fresh* cut mango slices
1 cup frozen peaches
3 14-ounce cans light coconut milk
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 cups kefir, plain (fermented milk drink)
1/3 cup sugar
Mint leaves, fresh tarragon spear or shredded coconut,
for garnish (optional)
1. Puree mangoes in a blender.
2. Add frozen peaches, coconut milk, lime juice, kefir and sugar. Blend
all ingredients together.
3. Pour into glasses and garnish with mint, tarragon spear or coconut.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe developed by Linda Carey and Theresa Majeres, culinary specialists.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Sensational Summer Smoothie
1 cup Dannon Light ’n Fit strawberry nonfat yogurt
1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1 ripe kiwi, peeled and diced
1/2 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons grenadine
3 fresh whole strawberries
1. Place yogurt, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, orange juice and grenadine
in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
2. Add ice cubes one at a time, blending well after each addition, until
the mixture is thick and spoonable.
3. Pour into 3 frosted mugs. Garnish with whole strawberries. Serve
immediately. Makes 3 servings.
Tip: You can also make this recipe using Dannon Plain Yogurt varieties,
Vanilla Light ’n Fit yogurt or other Light ’n Fit varieties.