French Toast Muffins
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon butter
4 Kirkland Signature apple crumb muffins, cut in 3 slices lengthwise
1 cup whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
1. Place eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl and beat together.
Add cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until well incorporated.
2. Melt butter in a skillet over low heat.
3. Dip the muffin slices into the egg mixture and fry until
4. Place on a serving platter and top with whipped cream.
5. Serve with maple syrup. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: The whipped cream can be flavored with instant espresso powder.
Blueberry and Cherry Tamales
KIRKLAND SIGNATURE/MEDURI FARMS5
36 dried corn husks, whole 2 14-ounce cans sweetened
2 1/2 cups Kirkland Signature dried condensed milk
blueberries or Meduri Farms* 2 12-ounce cans evaporated milk
dried cherries, divided 4 sticks butter, softened
4 1/4 cups whole milk 1 1/2 cups sugar
3 pounds masa harina 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Soak corn husks in hot water until soft, about 30 minutes.
2. Puree 1 cup dried blueberries or cherries with whole milk in a blender. Pour
into a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients except reserved blueberries
or cherries. Mix until smooth and thick, about 30 minutes. Stir in remaining
blueberries or cherries.
3. Spoon 4 tablespoons masa mixture into the center of each husk. Fold the
right and then the left edge of husk over the masa, then fold up the bottom edge.
4. Place a steamer basket in a large pot filled with water to just below the
basket. Stand tamales upright in basket. Cover tamales with foil and the lid.
5. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and steam, adding water as
needed, for 1 hour, or until masa pulls away from husks.
6. Remove tamales from the pot and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 36 tamales.
Tip: Serve tamales with a lemon sauce. Use lemon curd (thinned with additional
lemon juice if necessary), warmed over low heat.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.