Italian Sausage Brunch Casserole
5 links Premio* sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
2 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
9 slices white bread, crusts removed, diced
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 cups grated Cheddar or Jack cheese
12 large eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Brown sausage well in a skillet over medium heat, breaking into
small pieces as it cooks.
3. Transfer meat with a slotted spoon to a 13-by-9-inch casserole,
reserving the fat in the skillet.
4. Add apples to the skillet and sauté over medium heat until soft.
5. Combine bread, apples, mustard, milk, cheese and eggs in a mixing bowl.
Pour mixture over the meat in the casserole.
6. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 20-30
minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Makes
Tip: This can be assembled the night before through step 5 and refrigerated.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.