Hearty Sausage Mini Quiches
12 foil baking cups
8 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk or water
1/2-1 cup shredded Cheddar, mozzarella or provolone cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms or yellow squash (optional)
1 cup frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes or diced, pre-baked
red potatoes (optional)
1 pound Jimmy Dean* Pork Sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place baking cups in a muffin pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk or water, cheese, salt and
pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté green
onions and any optional vegetables desired until tender.
4. Add vegetables and sausage to the egg mixture and stir well. Distribute
evenly among the baking cups.
5. Bake for 22 minutes, or until eggs are set.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired. Makes 12 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Bacon and Cheddar Brunch Casserole
2 cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
2 cups milk
5 large eggs
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place pancake mix, milk, eggs and maple syrup in a large bowl. Using an
electric mixer, beat on low speed for about 1 minute, or until the mixture is
3. Stir in cheese and bacon.
4. Pour the batter into a lightly greased 9-inch deep-dish pie pan. Bake for
35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is set.
5. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.