Lemon Garlic Prawns with
Sweet Red Peppers and Manchego
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 1/2 cup Sunkist* fresh lemon juice
10 ounces red bell pepper, cut in ( 3 lemons)
thin strips 1/2 cup Chardonnay
2 ounces garlic cloves, 4 teaspoons chopped
coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes 12 Sunkist* fresh lemon wedges
11/2 pounds raw prawns MANCHEGO BAGUETTE CRISPS
(21/25 count), peeled and deveined, tail on 1 sourdough baguette
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 ounces Manchego cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. To prepare the baguette crisps, slice baguette on a diagonal, yielding 24
slices. Place on a sheet pan and brush tops with olive oil. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake until crisp and slightly browned. Set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add bell peppers and sauté
until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and sauté for
a few minutes to just brown the garlic.
4. Toss prawns with flour. Turn up the heat to medium-high, add salt to the
skillet and then add the prawns. Sauté, turning, for about 1 minute.
5. Add lemon juice, wine and parsley. Simmer until prawns are cooked
through, about 1-2 minutes.
6. Assemble the prawns, red peppers and sauce atop the baguette crisps.
Serve with lemon wedges. Makes 12 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.