Southern Gourmet Catfish Cakes
with Lemon Dill Caper Sauce
DELTA PRIDE CATFISH3
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided LEMON DILL CAPER SAUCE
3 tablespoons butter, divided 4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 Delta Pride deep skin 2 tablespoons butter
catfish fillets 2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon 1 teaspoon ground pepper
juice, divided 3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 dill pickles 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
3 tablespoons chopped onion 3 tablespoons capers
3 garlic cloves
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon ground pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup seasoned dry
1 tablespoon cornmeal
3 tablespoons chopped
1. In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter
over medium heat. Add fillets and sauté until they flake easily, about
10-12 minutes. Pour 1 tablespoon lemon juice over fillets while cooking.
Drain fillets and chop into bite-size pieces.
2. In a food processor, chop pickles, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, onion,
garlic, mayonnaise and pepper. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in
eggs, bread crumbs and cornmeal. Fold in fish and parsley. Form into
3-inch cakes about 3/4 inch thick.
3. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a
shallow frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the cakes on each side for 4
minutes, or until crispy brown.
4. To prepare the sauce, combine lemon juice, butter, olive oil and pepper
in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until butter melts. Whisk in
cornstarch until smooth, adding more cornstarch or lemon juice if necessary.
Stir in dill and capers. Serve immediately over the catfish cakes.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Mussels with Diced Fresh
Tomatoes and Chardonnay
NORTH COAST SEAFOODS5
1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 pounds North Coast Seafoods* PEI mussels
1 cup Chardonnay
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon sliced green onion
Salt and pepper
1/4 pound butter
1. In a large sauté pan, cook tomatoes and garlic over medium heat for
about 3 minutes.
2. Increase the heat to high. Add mussels and wine and cover the pan. Cook
for 3-4 minutes, or until mussels have opened.
3. Add lemon juice, parsley, green onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Add
butter and toss everything in the pan. Pour into a serving bowl.
4. Serve with crusty bread. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: This dish will serve 2 as an entrée.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.