Pork Tenderloin with
Spicy Citrus Cherry Salsa
WESTERN SWEET CHERRY5
2 1-pound pork tenderloins 3 tablespoons chopped
Salt and freshly ground yellow onion
black pepper 2 tablespoons chopped yellow
2 tablespoons olive oil bell pepper
SALSA 1 teaspoon finely diced serrano chile
1 1/4 cups pitted, chopped 1 Western Sweet cherries /4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper,
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or to taste
2 teaspoons fresh orange juice 1 tablespoon very finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated fresh parsley
lime peel 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated 2 tablespoons honey
orange peel 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Fresh Grape Salsa
CASTLE ROCK VINEYARDS5
2 cups coarsely chopped Castle Rock Vineyards red seedless grapes
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup diced Anaheim chiles
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1. Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
2. Let stand for at least 1 hour.
3. Drain off excess liquid before serving.
4. Serve with tortilla chips or sliced baguette. Makes 6 servings.
1. To prepare the salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F.
3. Trim all silver skin and fat from pork. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add pork and
brown. Transfer skillet to oven and cook until internal temperature is 155°F,
about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest for
5. Pour pan juices into salsa. Cut pork in 1/2-inch slices and serve with salsa.
Makes 8-12 servings.