Vegetable and Chicken Salad
8 cups cold water
1 1/4 cups soy sauce
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground pepper
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
8 garlic cloves, smashed and coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons ground ginger
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
4 cups Normandy Blend frozen vegetable mix, thawed
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a pot, combine water, soy sauce, sugar, pepper, vinegar, garlic and
ginger. Bring to a boil.
2. Stir in chicken and simmer, covered, for 14 minutes, or until just cooked
through. Chill while preparing the salad.
3. Place the Normandy Blend in a large bowl and mix with lemon juice,
olive oil and sesame oil.
4. Drain the chicken and mix with the vegetables, spinach and cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.
Raisin and Red Apple
Chicken Pasta Salad
2 1/2 cups whole wheat rotini pasta
2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
1 red apple, cored and cubed (about 2 cups)
2 green onions, sliced
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with
2. Combine cooked pasta, chicken, raisins, apple and onions in a large bowl.
3. Place mayonnaise, honey and mustard in a small bowl and stir to mix well.
4. Add dressing to the pasta mixture and toss to coat.
5. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour or up to overnight to
6. Top with almonds just before serving. Makes 4 servings.