Grape Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
1 2-pound container NatureSweet* grape tomatoes
2 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, plus a sprig for garnish
1 1/2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
10 ounces mozzarella cheese slices, cut into thin strips
1. Cut one-third of the tomatoes in half lengthwise. Leave the remainder whole.
2. In a large bowl, combine halved and whole tomatoes, basil, thyme, salt,
pepper, olive oil and vinegar; toss to blend. Chill for about an hour.
3. Mix in mozzarella strips just before serving. Garnish with a sprig of fresh
thyme. Makes 6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
KINGS RIVER PACKING5
2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups bulgur wheat
1 1/2 cups California seedless grapes
1/2 cup minced red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1 medium orange, peeled and diced
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
16 butter lettuce leaves
1. Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in bulgur and turn off
the heat. Cover and set aside for 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool
2. Stir in grapes, onion, mint and orange.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt, ginger,
cumin and pepper. Pour over the bulgur and toss well.
4. Line 4 bowls with lettuce leaves.
5. Pour the bulgur mixture into the bowls. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the California Table Grape Commission.