Salads and Soups I
Light Lemon Orzo Salad
HARVEST MANOR FARMS5
1 cup orzo
1 tablespoon good-quality olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
1/4 cup diced dried apricots
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley
1/3 cup lightly crushed Kirkland Signature roasted and salted cashews
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons whole Kirkland Signature roasted and salted cashews,
1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Rinse immediately in cold
water and drain well.
2. Place orzo in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
3. Add tomatoes, apricots, feta, parsley, crushed cashews, salt and pepper.
4. Toss and add remaining lemon juice.
5. Pour into a serving dish and garnish with whole cashews. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: The salad can be made up to 2 hours ahead and stored, covered, in the
refrigerator. Reserve the chopped and whole cashews until ready to serve.
Sweet Onion and Asparagus Salad
1-1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
1 Mayan Certified* Sweet Onion (or Terra Sweet or
Walla Walla Sweet Onion)
1 14- to 16-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons cider vinegar, or more to taste
Juice of 1/2 lemon, or more to taste
2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Blanch asparagus for 1 minute in a large pot of boiling water.
Place in an ice bath to cool; remove and dry.
2. Cut onion in half and then slice.
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
4. Serve on a platter. Makes 6 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.